Pages

Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Life of A Little Sister

Last weekend was the Oklahoma benefit crop and I'm still working on some of those challenges (I know I won't get them all done, but I'm doing as many as I can.)  One of those challenges was a layout that talked about the weather.  It was the perfect opportunity to use this picture of my daughter from a few years ago - she's sitting in the rain watching one of her brother's play soccer and she says its all she did for the first 10 years she was alive.  (She exaggerates a little bit :))



I tried something different for me on this layout - I mounted my patterned base on a piece of cardstock for added dimension.  I always love the look when I see others do it, but I'm not sure it is for me. 

I love this vellum heart on the picture - these stickers were from the Studio Calico Darling Dear collection and I've been hoarding them.  The subtle impact is just great.  (My stash of hearts is almost gone though.)



And while I was working on the layout, I got some happy mail from Chic Tags.  I was lucky enough to win the Sunday challenge a couple of weeks ago and I got to pick $25 dollars of goodies from their store.  The banner tag at the top of this layout was the perfect touch.



And look at all the goodies I have to play with in the future.  (This package totally made my day.)



Hope you have a terrific Thursday.

3 comments:

  1. sweet page!..love the umbrella and the tags are yum! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, that's something my girls would say about their brother and hockey!

    GREAT page, love all the sweet little details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pink against the gray! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete