Pages

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Choose Happiness with Gossamer Blue and Crate Paper

In my last post, I talked about being stuck and spending a whole day trying to put a layout together.  Monday after work, I had a different experience - this layout came together in about 90 minutes.

Gossamer Blue posted an inspiration challenge on Friday that caught my eye when I came across it yesterday.  Here is one of the inspiration pieces.


I've never done a Gossamer Blue challenge before, but choosing happiness (and not letting events or the choices of others choose for me) is something I'm working on.  So this challenge really captured my imagination when I came across it.  I coudn't wait to get home Monday and put something together.

My favorite papers right now are from Crate Papers line, "The Pier"  so I started with those.  I added a little "Maggie Holmes" and a pink chevron paper from "Fourteen."  Most of the embellishments I pulled were also from "The Pier" but I had a great Heidi Swapp chipboard sticker that was the word "happy" I knew I wanted to use and you can never go wrong with a doily.  Here's the end product.



I love the stitched banners in "The Pier" die-cut pack.  They are the perfect way for non-sewers like me to add stitched detail.


And the Pink Paislee Luxe rubons added the perfect finishing shine. 



This turned out to be one of my all time favorites.  Maybe it came together so quickly because I really felt the sentiment behind the layout. I just might hang it in my scrap room as a reminder that it is up to me to choose happiness.

In the meantime, I have a conference to attend today.  I hope you have a terrific Tuesday.





5 comments:

  1. I think you did an excellent job with the challenge!! Love the layout and how you layered the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like that one angled paper...breaks it up and adds visual interest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so lovely!! Thank you for playing along with Gossamer Blue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely!! Thank you for playing along with Gossamer Blue!

    ReplyDelete