Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Lifting Stephanie Howell

I loved the gold and white Anna Griffin paper in the Studio Calico Outer Banks add-on. But it was totally different from papers I'm usually choose and I couldn't figure out how to use it.  The I realized that the pattern reminded me of doilies.


And doilies remind me of Stephanie Howell.  So I went to her gallery and found a layout that inspired me.  And I was off and running.


 I used gold lame and primrose color shine to color some of my doilies I was layering.


And I didn't have chipboard flowers I wanted to use so I mixed the Anna Griffin die cuts from June's kits with other embellishments in my stash.


But I loved the journaling directly on a doily and used that idea exactly like she did. The layout I ended up with was a more literal interpretation than I usually make when I scraplift, but I liked the end product.  And I'm thinking that I will be off and running with that paper now that I've cut it.  And this is why I love the Studio Calico kits.  I'm inspired to try papers, patterns, and embellishments I wouldn't otherwise.

I'm hoping to scrap this weekend.  Hope you have a great Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. lovely page, the doilies are very pretty, and a big hooray for you on your sunday sketch win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought to stack my doilies... Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete