Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Grid Design and Studio Calico Weekly Challenge

Its no secret that I love grid design.  Its a great way to mix papers and embellishments while keeping a clean look.  But I always end up with overlapping blocks on my grid.  So this week's Sunday sketch at Studio Calico really inspired me to try a grid design without overlapping the blocks.

Here's my take using elements from the Planetarium, Orion and Lyra kits.  I did a pretty good job of keeping each block separate (except for that wood veneer polaroid frame in the middle of the page.


This was a great way to use up scraps and I had lots of fun mixing embellishments in the different blocks on the grid.


And I like that I could have replaced other blocks with photos if I had had some related pictures in my pile to scrap.  

Hope you have a terrific Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. Great idea for using up lots of scraps. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really a great idea for scraps! Love all the papers and embellishments! Gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the sketch, love the use of scraps this way!

    ReplyDelete