Pages

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Scrapping About "Not Happy" Stuff

I'm betting you are like me - you have lots of photos and scrap about happy times and feelings.  That is what 99.99% of my layouts are.  But once in a while, I find myself scrapping about unhappy or angry things.  Last night was one of those times.

I wanted to do something for the Chic Tags Sunday Challenge.  It is a photo inspiration challenge this week.

And one of my sons was on my mind.  He seems to be in a good place now after a rocky year or two. So I pulled out the pieces of the May Studio Calico kits that I had left and ended up with a layout about his journey and my frustration with my inability to fix things for him these days.  It was very cathartic and actually is one my favorites in a while.  It seemed like the pieces I had left to use related directly to how I was feeling.  (And it was a great way to use an extra print from his senior pictures.



The journaling is very personal and is in a glassine bag behind the photo block.  You can see the edge of the bag.  It is accented with a Basic Grey clip.


I tried cutting the wood veneer sheet from the kits with my cricut for the title.  It didn't come out perfectly, but I liked the distressed feel.  The wood is colored with spray ink.



the vertical strips are labeling edges from the patterned paper in the kit.  And they provided a perfect anchor for the different embellishments I wanted to incorporate.

Have a great Thursday!  Its the last day of school for my daughter.

2 comments:

  1. Love the way you used the inspo peice as a sketch. All the little touches are beautiful up the side of the photo. So glad you were able to work through your feelings b/c of our challenge. Thank you for linking up with Chic Tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never been so sure about scrapping the bad stuff, like in my Project Life if the week has been bad, you can bet i'll have the hardest time putting the spread together. but your layout turned out beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete