Pages

Monday, July 6, 2015

Kit Review: Felicity Jane

Happy Monday!  It's time for the third installment in the kit review series I am doing.  This week I played with the June Felicity Jane kit titled "I Am...."


Felicity Jane is a fairly new kit club.  The kits feature exclusive papers each month.  I would describe them as modern takes on classic patterns.  The color combinations and patterns in the kit each month are swoon worthy.  But I am a bit of a paper snob - I generally only use good quality paper that has a nice weight to it.  So before I committed to a kit, I ordered the paper pack a couple of times to try it out.  And it turned out that the papers were even more beautiful in person. 

Another great feature of the kits is the packaging.  First it shows up on your step in a bold black and white striped box - somehow that makes the mail just a little bit more fun.  Your kit is wrapped in black polka dot tissue and tied with a big black ribbon. There is a pile of white shredded paper on top. It just made it feel a little bit like I was opening a present.  And (at least in June) all the tiny bits and pieces came in a round black and white striped box.  I have visions of having a row of them filled with little bits in my craft room some day.

In addition to the six unique two sided papers, the kit included 2 sheets of cardstock (one piece was kraft with large gold dots this month) and lots of bits and pieces.  Each month the kits also include  a 6x12 sheet of exclusive cut aparts that coordinate with the papers and an exclusive stamp.

I used the kit to create a title page for my daughter's 7th grade album.  I was using a school picture and I thought the kit offered lots of bits to use to dress up that boring school picture.  Here's what I came up with.


 One of my favorite things about this kit was that it inspired me to use techniques that I don't often take time for.  I pulled out my watercolors to personalize the white foam die cut leaves and word "love."  And I used my silhouette to cut that big number 7.  I love the look I got (accidentally on purpose) by using the center of the bull's eye paper.  And I took that adorable red and white clothespin apart - both so it was less bulky and so I would be able to use it again.  The only thing I used here that wasn't is the paper tape on the bottom of the layout (my desk was so messy that I thought it was part of the kit - ha!)

So I loved the Felicity Jane kit.  It was such a unique combination of colors, patterns and embellishments (gold polka dot "sequins"?!).  I already have my eye on the July kit.  But they've been selling out so I better make up my mind quickly.

So I am still working on this series - still to come are Studio Calico, Scrapbook Circle, Scraptastic and Paper Camellia.  I also have my eye on Gossamer Blue, Cocoa Daisy and Clique Kits.  Are there any others I am missing?

And if you missed them and are interested, here are links to the first two installments:
Thanks for stopping by!



5 comments:

  1. Great layout, very inspired. I thought of doing all my kids wallets from every year on one layout. It's goodto know the papaper is high quality. Thanks for doing this series. It's very interesting. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to read your thoughts on this particular kit, I've had my eye on them for quite some time and I, too was curious about the weight of the patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have ordered once from Felicity Jane and loved what I received. The only reason I haven't ordered another one is that I am barely able to get through the kits that I do get! I always ooh and aah though when a new kit is revealed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a gorgeous kit and I love what you did with it in your adorable layout. Thanks for the review as I've seen her kits on IG and was always curious. They really do look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely layout. I get what you mean about packaging. I love pretty packages and have to remind myself that it's what is inside that counts! I have just subbed to Paper Camellia and initially was a bit disappointed to see my kit didn't come in a fancy pouch or box and just a plain cello bag. Then I saw how much loveliness was inside and remembered I had been paying for the fancy packaging at other kit clubs and now that extra value was in the kit rather than the box that ultimately got thrown out!

    ReplyDelete