Pages

Monday, June 29, 2015

Kit Review: Hip Kit Club

This is the second post in my weekly kit review series.  Last week I looked at the June Citrus Twist Kit Club scrapbook kit.  This week I'm focusing on Hip Kit Club.  I had the May scrapbook kit to play with.
The kit was a great mix of products and colors from Dear Lizzy, Pink Paislee, and Chickaniddy Crafts. I especially liked the addition of the Chickaniddy Crafts papers and embellishments, because it is a line that I rarely purchase.  Its always fun to play with something knew.    The kit came with two alphas - both a package of Thickers and a Pebbles mini alpha.  Since I am something of an alpha addict, I loved that.  And this kit also included Evalicious puffy stickers and wood veneer phrases.  I'm a huge fan of including small business products in kits and Evalicious is a favorite of mine.  This kit did not include a stamp (not a big deal for me but something to consider if you really love stamping.)

So the test - could I make a layout.  Here is what I came up with using only the main kit. 

design inspired by sketch at My Creative Sketches
The mix of papers, Citrus Bliss die cut pack, and the Evalicious wood veneer pieces worked perfectly with this picture of a favorite piece of beach glass (a heart made from a beer bottle - too cool right?).  I used pop dots and inked the edges of some of the die cuts to help create interest.  The layout came together quickly and I have lots of  supplies leftover.

The kit is $29.95 for subscribers and $34.95 for non-subscribers. Subscribers get a 15% discount on add-ons which is a great perk.  If you subscribe, the initial commitment is for 3 months (which is probably the right amount of time to decide if a kit subscription is working for you).  After the first 3 months, you can cancel at any time with 30 days notice.

Hip Kit Club offers a number of add-ons each month.  There is an embellishment kit that can really stretch your kit, a patterned paper kit which provides an extra sheet of the paper in the main kit and a cardstock add-on.  (The main kit doesn't include cardstock but I rarely use cardstock so that's a win from my perspective.)  They also offer a "Color Kit" which would be a great way to experiment with multi-media products and techniques and a project life style kit.

The kit was bright and fun.  I had a great time experimenting and the pieces I didn't use moved right into my stash.  The products were things that were versatile and that I would use.  It is definitely a great kit option, especially since you only need to make a 3 month commitment to get the lower price. 

I still have Studio Calico, Scrapbook Circle and Felicity Jane kits sitting here to review.  I am also looking at adding others to my list.  I love the suggestions you all have made.  Keep 'em coming. 

Thanks for stopping by.





7 comments:

  1. I like the looks of Hip Kit club too. It was good to know it was versatile for you. Thanks for taking the time to do this. I am curious of all the clubs, really, but never heard of Felicity Jane so I'll be looking forward to that. And your layout is great. I love that you add ink splatters to your layouts. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun layout, Julie! I really liked the look of this kit and wound up buying several items from ACOT. Looking forward to reading your thoughts on Felicity Jane, I've been watching her shop from the beginning, but haven't bought anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with this layout Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for widening my horizon. There is a world outside of SC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Did Fabulous! Thanks For Playing at my creative Sketches..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful page. Thank you for playing along at MCS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layout. Really enjoying your reviews.

    ReplyDelete