Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Sun-kissed

I love the colors in the summer themed lines this year - aqua, orange, citrusy yellow, blue and pink.  The are so bright and fresh!  So when I looked at the current sketch at Stuck!,  I knew I wanted to play with those shades. 


I was really inspired by all the vertical layers in this sketch.  I really focused on pulling those elements into my layout.  I was working with a single 4x6 picture (another old one from when my kids were small), so that element worked really well for me.  Here's what I ended up with.


I love those mason jars you fill from Crate Paper - and the way it added another vertical element to my layout.  And since I don't have a sewing machine, I used a little glossy accents to glue it closed.  It dries clear so you don't notice the glue at all.

Note:  I made this layout with a kit and add-ons from Citrus Twist Kits.  Tomorrow I am starting a weekly series of kit reviews with the Citrus Twist Kits June scrapbook kit. 

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Are the small alphas from Webster's Pages? I have them (and love them) but am stumped on using them. Anyway, great design. And I love the mason jar. Very clever the sequins. Oh, I see, you have Webster's Pages listed. I'm curious about Citrus Twist. Thanks for sharing your pretty layout. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your layout! Very clever way to use the madon jar and sequins! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great title and embellishing. Love how you filled the jar with sequins! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous embellishing, love the jar full of sequins! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout, love the different embellishments. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?! this month.

    ReplyDelete