Pages

Monday, June 22, 2015

Kit Review: Citrus Twist Kits

Note:  This series was in the works before the recently announced changes at Studio Calico.  

I celebrated my three year anniversary as a Studio Calico Subscriber this month.  In addition, the 36 main scrapbook kits, I've purchased tons of add-ons, card kits, and project life kits over that time.  I still remember how excited I was when that first kit showed up on my front step (it was So Cal).  And I still get that same thrill each month.  But it seems like there are many more kit choices these days.  And I have to admit to being curious about the choices out there - is Studio Calico still the best fit for me?  So I am beginning a weekly series where I will look at one of the kit offerings each Monday. This week I am focusing on the June offerings from Citrus Twist kits.

In an effort to make fair comparisons, I am going to focus on the main kit each week.  The June kit from Citrus Twist is just lovely!  The colors are bright and fresh and its a great mix of manufacturers/  There were patterned papers from Pink Paislee, Amy Tangerine, SevenPaper, and Crate Paper.  The mix of embellishments is great too - I especially loved the Evalicious puffy stickers and the frames (a partial pack from Crate Paper).  They also include exclusive wood veneer pieces and an exclusive stamp in their kits. 


For me the ultimate test of a kit is whether it is easy to work with.  Now I struggle with limiting myself to a single kit when I scrap, but I am making a real effort for this series.  Here's the layout I made - I added a piece of vellum from my stash but the rest of the supplies were from the Citrus Twist Scrapbook kit.


The kits was super easy to play with and lots of fun to work with.  And check out the glittery pink and orange stars.  They were such a fun touch!  I had tons of product left after I finished this layout too.

The pricing structure is based on different commitment levels ranging from $26 for a six month commitment to $32 for a one time purchase. Shipping is additional.

And while I'm focusing on main scrapbook kits (mostly) in this series, I wanted to mention the add-ons here.  I really loved the different kinds of add-ons and the choices it provides.  There is one traditional add-on, two different patterned paper add-ons (which I love since I am a bit obsessed with pretty paper), an embellishment add-on, a "sprinkles" add-on which is a mix of bits and pieces (often partial packs), a stamp add-on, and a couple of cardstock add-on choices.  I love that I could pick the kinds of products that would really help me stretch my kit within my style.  ( I got the traditional add-on, the sprinkles add-on, the embellishment add-on and both patterned paper add-ons).  But I rarely use cardstock or stamps, so I left those there.  Citrus Twist kits also offers a project life style kit.  (Yesterday I shared a layout mixing products from my entire CTK haul)

So I loved my Citrus Twist kits and actually made a 3 month commitment.  And I'm thinking about switching to a 6 month commitment.  Oh - and I should add - your 13th kit is free!

So I have stashed away kits from Felicity Jane, Hip Kit Club and Scrapbook Circle already.  And of course I will be reviewing a Studio Calico Kit.  But what others are you interested in or do you think I should try? There are just so many choices.  I'd love to hear your thoughts. 

Thanks for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Your13th kit is free?! That's a great deal! Keep posting your Reviews. I'd love to find out more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a darling layout, Julie and always good to read thoughts on the numerous kit clubs out there. I've been with SC with various kits for a few years, but always keep an eye out on the others since I like to mix it up. Scraptastic Club seems to have a lot of supplies I could see myself working with, have you looked into them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this layout. I've been noticing that I love the patterned paper that has words or letters on it, and I like to use them for layering. I love how you used that sheet. Thanks for the review, I'll be sure to follow along, as I love the idea of kits. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, this is a great idea and I appreciate you doing the work of searching out other kits for us! The layout on the SC main page is this one. ;/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That kit does look lovely and the layout you made is gorgeous! I would love to see how you find Paper Camellia's kits compared to the others you review as I have just dropped my Studio Calico subs and signed up for Paper Camellia scrapbook and PL kits from July and would love to know how you find them in comparison to the others xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great timing on your series! I have subscribed to Studio Calico for several years and have recently looked around to see what other kits are available. I'll be interested in your thoughts on these different options and would love to see you review Gossamer Blue as well.

    ReplyDelete