Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

The Impossible Challenge - No Patterned Paper

My Scraps and More started their summer challenge event on Friday - and the first challenge was tough.  Put together a layout with no patterned paper.  Since I love patterned paper and mixing patterns, I was totally stumped - until I got started.

I used gold lame and primrose colorshine on white cardstock to create the base for this layout.


Then I created a photo block by layering cardstock, vellum and handmade paper.  I added lots of vellum and transparent elements from Studio Calico, Basic Grey, Heidi Swapp and Glitz.


I used ribbon, twine, washi and wood veneer for more texture.


And I finished it with a cluster of vellum and transparent pennants, wood veneer, and of course,  sequins at the top of the page.


By the time I was done I didn't even miss the patterned paper.  This was a great creative exercise.  Give it a try - make a layout without patterned paper. 

Have a super Saturday!

2 comments: