Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2015

From Card to Layout

Every Sunday Studio Calico publishes 3 sketches - a layout sketch, a card sketch and a project life sketch.  A member of the Creative Team shares a project inspired by one of the sketches.  This week Celine Navarro used the card sketch to inspire a two page layout.

And she challenged everyone to take a sketch for one project type and use it to inspire another kind of project.  I found her layout really inspiring so I tried a layout with the card sketch as an inspiration.


Most of the supplies for this layout came from the Wink Wink scrapbook kit and the scrapbook add-on.  that black and white paper I used to create the angle is my favorite thing in the kits.  (I really don't care for the kits and think this is the only project I will be making with them, but I am really happy with it.)  I rubbed a gold ink pad lightly over the white embossed tag to add a bit of dimension and used one of the frames from the add-on to create a the base for the cluster at the bottom of the page.

Hope you've been finding time to play lately.  Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! The angle you created with the papers is sketch eye catching, love the geometric thing going on. The ink splatters and labels throughout are awesome, too. And the photo is cool. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really great page! I need to give this a try :).

    ReplyDelete