Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Oh No - I Don't Have A Kit to Play With.......

For years, my favorite part of scrapbooking was building a diverse stash and mixing and matching products for each layout.  Then I became a kit subscriber.  I was still mixing and matching, but from the kit (already curated by someone very talented).  And, for the most part, my stash just sat.

Currently I sub to 2 kits - Studio Calico and Citrus Twist Kits.  I feel like I am in a period of transition - the Studio Calico kits have not been clicking with my style lately and I have been experimenting with the Citrus Twist kits (for quite a while now).  For whatever reason,  I am having a hard time canceling my SC subscription. 

So last week I received my SC kit - and I mostly hated it.  I made one layout and then incorporated it into my stash.  (Maybe I will finally cancel?)  But my Citrus Twist kit is still on the way.  And on Thursday, I was home with time to play -

So I had to go to my stash and mix product from scratch.  I ended up pulling a piece from Dear Lizzy Documentary for my base.  Then I added bits from studio calico kits, seven paper, pinkfresh studios, pink paislee and crate paper.   And I made this......
design inspired by sketch at Citrus Twist kits


I had a great time picking papers and embellishments to use.  And I love the final project.  It has exactly the bright, fun, pretty feel I was going for.  And I used lots of bits from my stash. 

So Thursday I remembered how much fun it is to mix products all by myself.  Maybe I need to scrap this way more and rely on kits less?

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. WHO SPEAKS THE TRUTH? BY STEVE FINNELL

    Who speaks the absolute truth? Does the Methodist Church speak the absolute truth, does the Roman Catholic denomination teach the absolute truth, the Baptist Church, the Jehovah's Witnesses, the Mormons, the Seventh-day Adventists, the Lutherans. Which church speaks God's absolute truth?

    God the Father spoke the truth through Jesus and His apostles. God did speak the absolute truth through hundreds of church denominations, all of them teaching different doctrines.

    John 14:24-26 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine, but the Father's who sent Me. 25 "These things I have spoken to you while abiding with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.(NASB)

    God's word came through Jesus and the apostles. The Holy Spirit taught the apostles "all things." The Bible has all the things the world need to know about God and His salvation.

    The so-called Christian denominations are not receiving new truth from God.

    John 12:48 He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day. (NASB)

    Men will be judged by the words of Jesus. No man will be judged by the words of any preacher, priest, nor king. No man will be judged by the words of a church creed book, a statement of faith, denominational doctrine, or man's opinion. No person will be judged according to so-called modern revelation from God. The New Testament Scriptures were completed in the first century.

    John 12:49-50 For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what speak. 50 I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak. I speak just as the Father has told Me."(NASB)

    God the Father told Jesus what say. Jesus said: "Mark 16:16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved...(NASB)

    If God the Father told Jesus what to say, then who told men to say water baptism is not essential for salvation?

    Who told men to say water baptism is simply a testimony of faith?

    Who told men to say that you are saved by, "faith only," and then you are baptized into the denomination of your choice.

    Who told men that those who have believed are already saved, and water baptism is simply an act of obedience?

    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://inkhaircompany.com/teeth-whitening-miracle-ebook-review/

    People often think that going to a regular dentist can solve their dental problems as far as the appearance of their teeth and smile are concerned. There is a reason why there are general dentists and cosmetic dentists who will improve your smile and change your life so read on and understand what makes cosmetic dentists your best bet when it comes to dazzling the world with a whole new smile.

    http://google.ning.com/story/teeth-whitening-miracle-program-review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie, your photos are absolutely beautiful. And I just love your layering here. Great layout. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete