Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2015

A Blurry Photo

Sometimes (a lot of the time) it seems like the photo that captures my imagination is blurry or otherwise poor quality.  I used to discard those pictures, but I've come to realize that those photos might best tell the story in my heart.  So I've given myself permission to use them.

This photo of my 15 year old daughter swinging is a great example.  I love that she still appreciates the joy and freedom that can be found when you "swing high" and I felt like the blurry feel gave a sense of motion that helped tell the story.


I printed it as a 4x4 with a white border in black and white for my layout.  Printing in black and white is one of my best tricks with blurry photos - somehow it makes the blurry feel seem intentional.  And the white border helps the picture pop and adds a bit of a vintage feel.

design inspired by sketch from Citrus Twist kits

This layout is also put together using the October Citrus Twist kits (I added the sequins and vellum from my stash).  I was so excited to get those Dear Lizzy rub-ons .  I used them in two ways on this layout - first too help add depth to  and to stretch an embellishment cluster.  And the second is a recent favorite - I love layering a large rub on over patterned paper.  The word "love" is so soft and pretty and seems to belong on that pretty floral print.

So how do you feel about photos that aren't great quality - do your trash them or treasure them?

Thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment