Pages

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Gray, Yellow and Stretching Your Stash

 Just a quick post before we leave for church - another soccer layout and another unusual (for me) color scheme.  This layout is about a weekend trip my son's high school team took to Cincinnati.  I pulled inspiration from the SC kit papers and the hotel key he brought back for the color scheme - gray, yellow and red. 

I used some of my favorite stash stretching tricks on this layout and want to share them.

  • Use your punches and die cutting machines to make embellishments.  I cut the shipping tag with my cricut and used my Creative Memories embossed star punch with coredinations cardstock and sandpaper to create custom embellishments. 

  • Use packaging materials - this enjoy label came on an embellishment package in an old SC kit.  It was perfect here.

  • Combine old and new embellishments.  The yellow thickers are old Dear Lizzy Thickers I found at TJ Maxx for $1 but they coordinate perfectly with these brand new MME enamel dots.
  • Layer odds and ends left over in embellishments packages.  This layout uses lots of old soccer stickers in combination with bits and pieces from past SC kits.  With the yellow, grey and red color scheme they work perfectly.  That's why I almost never thrown anything away.
  •  Use memorabilia - the Marriott key worked great here.

I haen't done any scrapping in days,b ut am hopping to get some time in today.  Hope you have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment