Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

5 Year Scraplift

Studio Calico just posted a number of challenges for their 5 year anniversary.  The grand prize is the HeyDay collection which would be totally amazing to have. 

The first challenge I tried was a scraplift of one of my own layouts from 5 years ago.  Now the first challenge was to figure out what layouts I did 5 years ago.  But I ended up picking this Christmas layout as my inspiration.


And this is the layout I ended up with.

Paper:  Creative Memories, Basic Grey, My Mind's Eye, Coredinations, Crate Paper; Embellishments and letters:  Simple Stories, Basic Grey, Jillibean Soup
Boy was it fun to see how my style had changed.  I kept the vertical borders, but moved them to the inside of the layout where they provided a better connection between the pages.  I kept the circles, but used them in larger clusters and with a bigger variety in size and colors.  And I learned that I now mix colors and patterns much more liberally.  

And then this morning I saw a new challenge at Frosted Design - to use circles.  So I'm entering this over there also.

How has your style changed in 5 years?


3 comments:

  1. these pages are fantastic! I love all of the circles. :) gosh, you don't even WANT to see some of my first scrapbook pages.... eeeek!

    have a most wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool that you scraplifted one of your own layouts! You did a fabulous job and nice use of the circles! It is so fun to see how our styles have changed over the years. I think you were great 5 years ago and love what you are doing now! (I might be embarrassed to post mine from 5 years ago... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea!! There are so many of my layouts that I want to redo!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete