Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

I'm A Hoarder


http://onceuponasketchblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/june-challenge-team-b-reveal.html


I have an embarrassingly large stash of paper, stickers, ribbons, buttons, etc.  Shopping for my stash is as big a part of my addiction to scrapping as making the albums. But as much as I like shopping for new stuff and putting together layouts, I'm often reluctant to use my favorite stuff. And I am always looking for ways to stretch my budget so I can keep building my stash.

I'm still working on my reluctance to use my"best stuff," though this layout I put together for the June challenge at Once Upon A Sketch uses a great yellow doily I just got and some Simple Stories and Basic Grey birthday supplies I've had for a while.

The June challenge at OUAS had a birthday theme and was based on this sketch.  As I often did, I stretched the sketch into a two page layout. I put together this layout about my husband's birthday a couple of years ago.  Our celebration was delayed for almost a month while we devoted our time to our kid's summer activities.


 I did use a few of my favorite tricks for stretching my budget.  I cut the letters and the swirls from cardstock scraps from this layout and my scrap collection.  I combined stickers to create custom embellishments.  And because three dimensional stickers are one of my big weaknesses, I used pop dots to place simple cardstock stickers to create that 3D look.

Are you a hoarder?  What are your favorite tricks to stretch a scrapbook dollar?

June 24, 2012 - Sue commented below and suggested I post this layout on The Lollipop Ladies Cupcake Challenge (http://thelollipopladies.blogspot.com/2012/06/challenge-48-cupcakes_22.html).  After I checked it out, I thought the challenge looked pretty fun, so I did.  Thanks for the great advice Sue!

June 24, 2012 - also posting to the C'est Magnifique sketch challenge (http://cestmagnifiquekits.blogspot.com.au/2012/06/our-june-sketch-challenge.html).  

10 comments:

  1. What a fun 2 pager! So upbeat and I love the way you were able to use so many pics so nicely! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great LO. I really like your scrap-saving tips and techniques. This LO would be suitable for The Lollipop Ladies too if you were interested in playing along: http://thelollipopladies.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome 2 page layout! I just can't seem to do those! I love all of the colors and the swirls especially!!! Thank you so much for entering the challenge and joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie this is great! You need to link to the Lollipop Ladies challenge if you are going to enter - no link or mention in your blog. I love the fact that you have used all the stash bits and that you made sucha colourful and fun layout with them. Thanks for entering it at Lollipop Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layout ,a real smack in the eye bursting with colour and detail .Great project,thanks for playing along at TLL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Double layouts are always so impressive! Great work!!Thanks for playing along at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the LO(s) the colours match the fun of birthdays. Thanks for joining in at The Lollipop Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Such a Pretty Layout! love all the fun dp's and fun elements you chose! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout, nice and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great party LO, so many little additions make it fun.
    Thanks for joining Lollipop Ladies cupcake challenge, good luck : )

    ReplyDelete