Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Yearbook Ephemera

 I love back to school, and back to school layouts are always some of my favorites.  But last week i was working on the first day of school layout for Elisabeth's 5th grade album and it wasn't going well.  I kept second-guessing my paper choices - even changed them a couple of times - and couldn't come up with a layout design I liked.  The only constant was the background paper from Authentique.  Then I opened the Yearbook Ephemera pack and it all came together.


The bits and pieces in the ephemera package pulled it all together.  And they mixed perfectly with the Amy Tangerine "ReadySetGo" embellishments that have always reminded me of school and some stitched tags I got from MishMash.  I love that the layout captures the spirit of the first day of school - it's happy and fun with a focus on both school and friends.

But I have to admit - I used lots of those bits and pieces in that package of ephemera.  A second package might need to find its way into my stash.  (And I wasn't sure I wanted it the first time.)  What scrappy products have inspired your work lately?

I need to finish getting ready for work - hope you have a great Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment