Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

December Daily - The Album

After I picked my papers, I had to choose an album for my project.  Because this year is a "test" to see if I will really do a DD project froms tart to finish I had two criteria.

  1. It needed to be inexpensive - remember one of my goals is to keep the cost down in case I don't really do it.
  2. It needed to be small scale - if the project is too elaborate, I'll never do it.
I've also been fascinated by some of the posts I've read about customizing the covers and was hopeful that I could find an album that would provide the opportunity to experiment with decorating the cover.

I looked at Michaels and joAnns first, thinking they would be the most cost effective places, but couldn't find anything.  So I took my 30% off coupon and went to Archivers, hoping I could find something affordable that would work.  I eneded up with this American Crafts 6x6 chipboard album cover.

 

The binding is black, the chipboard cover gives me an opportunity to customize, and it was only $10.  After my 30% off coupon, it was really affordable.  I paid $7.

I like the 6x6 size because it created an affordable, easy option for pages.  I bought french vanilla cardstock and cut it into quarters for 6x6 pages. ( I have some ideas about enhancing those pages that I am going to experiment with and will share later.)

Are you working on a DD project - I'd love to hear your tips for putting together a great project and keeping the cost donw.

No comments:

Post a Comment