Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The Cover



I'm a pretty simple scrapper and don't play with lots of techniques and products.  So the cover of my album presented some challenges.  In an earlier post, I told you I picked this 6x6 American Crafts chipboard album as a cost effective option for my first DD attempt.


But I kept looking at the beautiful covers people were showing online for their DD projects - I wanted a pretty cover too.  So I did a little research and took a trip to Michaels where I bought gesso, white craft paint and mod podge (and a few small foam brushes).

Gesso I learned provided a good base coat over the chipboard, creating a smooth white surface.  So I painted the cover with gesso and let it dry.  Then I added a coat of white craft paint.  After that the embellishments - I used the cardstock stickers and elements stickers from the MME Winter Wonderland collection along with an odd sticker, translucent sequins, and some sparkly ribbon left in my stash (from I don't know when since I don't do sparkles very often).


I scattered translucent sequins on the front, used spray ink on those cute wood veneer numbers to add the year, and here is what I ended up with:

The Front

The Back

The spine
Now I was pretty happy with the end result, but my husband was quick to point out that I had gotten the album backwards.  But for a first attempt at this kind of project, I'm really pleased.  What did you do for your DD cover?

No comments:

Post a Comment