Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Last Whistle

Nicholas's soccer club ceased to exist after the spring season.  When the last game ended in a win, it was bittersweet.  It's always great to win, but it was sad to see the club's existence come to an end.  This layout commemorates that game.


I love the plaid paper from Webster's Pages.  It was easy to find coordinating papers in my stash.  And I have a couple of tips that I think really pulled this layout together.
  • Using large circles as a design element really helps pull your eye across the page.  Incorporating soccer ball embellishments repeats the circle shapes.  (And remember to take sandpaper to those soccer balls so they don't look so shiny and new.)

  • Use the curves of  the circles to create an interesting title element on your page.  And don't be afraid to put your title over a picture.  It adds dimension to your layout.

Hope you had a great Thursday - I'm trying to get organized for a crop after work tomorrow so I need to get focused and pack up.

 

1 comment:

  1. Yep, I agree with everything about the repeating circles and curves, love how you laid the tirle partly over a picture, great job all around! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete