Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

I Needed to Edit

Sometimes a layout just won't come together and I can't figure out why.  I like the elements I've pulled individually, and I like the combination of elements when I look at them.  But when I try to put them together, I just can't get a look I like.

This layout for Easter 2012 is one of those layouts.


 I spent hours moving the pieces around and changing things, but never got to a result I was sure about.  I finally gave up, glued everything down and moved on.  Now looking at it, I don't hate it, but I don't love it.  Since clean and simple pages tend to appeal to me, I think the answer is in editing, but I never did figure out what to take away. 

When I run into a layout like that, I like to go back a few days later and look with fresh eyes.  I look for elements I like and elements that seem out of place.  I'm hoping to learn so my future layouts are better.

I likethe horizontal block of pictures on the bright green cardstock.  The pictures highlight Nicholas's expressions as he checked out this basket and the green cardstock is a surprise.


And I like the cluster of elements with the page title.  I've just begun experimenting with stamping in my layouts and I like the way the title looks on the shipping tag.  I also like the look of the flair button.


But I'm not to sure about the bright pink paper, the doily and the banners.  They appeal to me individually, but maybe not all on this layout?


I'm sure the answer was in editing my product choices, but I still can't figure out what I would have left off.  I guess I can't love all my layouts.

I'd love to hear how you solve your challenging layout issues.  Hope you have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. When I am struggling with any paper crafting project, I like to put it aside and not try and force it. I am also known to have more than one project going at a time as it helps the mojo. Sometimes, I don't like what I did, but then a year or 2 passes and I forget that I didn't like it, and even wonder, why don't I use that technique any more, lol waving hi from the sandy beaches of Florida ;0

    ReplyDelete