Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Wallet Size



I don't know about you, but every year I end up with a stack of wallet size pictures from the school pictures - and nothing to do with them.  So I file them with the year's memorabilia in the basement and there they sit. 

I'm starting a new album for Nicholas's sophomore year and was looking for inspiration for the title page.  It seems like they always have a 5 x 7 school picture, a title and some embellishments.  They might all be starting to look alike.  When I came across this sketch from Lets Capture These Sketches, I got a really different (for me) idea for this title page. 

I used the May grab bag from My Scrapbook Nook which included great Echo Park papers and stickers.  This is what I came up with.


I really like the mix of colors and the way the wallet size pictures give the look of a strip of pictures right from the picture package.  The picture is really fuzzy, so I am going to share the sentiments on the page.  The large tickets were cut from the primer paper and say "remember," "dream'" and "favorite" (which is an ongoing joke at home).  the chipboard tags say "amazing," "so smart, "excellent" and "handsome."  I love that the simple embellishments allowed me to say so much about my son with so little fuss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment