Pages

Monday, February 15, 2016

Pink for Fall Photos

I got my February kits from Studio Calico last week.  They are really beautiful -- and really pink.  Now I like pink and use a lot of pink in my projects.  But these kits might be the pinkiest kits I ever have seen.

Since I don't take many (read not any) Valentine pictures, these kits are a bit of a challenge for me.  But they are really lovely, so I decided to see what photos I could use that would be a bit of surprise with the pink papers and girly patterns.  I started with a fall photo from a trip to the apple orchard.  My daughteri s wearing a bright red sweatshirt, but it worked well with some of the pink papers.

design inspired by sketch at Citrus Twist kits
The papers I used are a mix from the scrapbook add on and the main kit.  I fell in love with the chipboard in the scrapbook add-on (from Crate Paper Hello Love).  And the pops of yellow helped to balance all the pink.

I'm off to embrace the pink - hope you're finding some time to craft.

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. Great layout! Love what you did at the opposing corners. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am blissfully in love with this kit - and with your layout. :) I'm seeing more and more pink and red together these days, and I really like the overall effect. Is that a glassine bag I see peeking out from beneath all your paper layers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty page, Juliee! Lovely layering and your daughter is so pretty. I love pink - I can't seem to scrap without it :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete