Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Scrappin' My Snow Day Away

Yay!  It's a snow day - alright, I could have gotten to work but instead my husband and I chose to rain on our (teen-age) daughter's parade and join her in a snow day.  Because yesterday was a holiday for me this creates a 4 day weekend and I am having a ball in my scrap room - which brings us to this bonus blog post today. 

A new sketch went up at Stuck?! yesterday and I used it as inspiration for a layout this morning.  And I knew I would forget to link to the Stuck?! blog if I didn't go ahead and post today.  Anyway here is the sketch.

 I loved all the fun layers and couldn't wait to play. And I have to say that I really love my layout. 


Most of the papers came from the SC Savannah kits but I dug in my stash for some greens.  that matched the green dots in the polka dot paper framing the layout.  The title (actually gold but winter light stinks) was from the scrapbook add-on.  It is another one of those things I didn't think I'd use, but it was perfect for this.

I combined this sketch with the LOAW challenge Carson Riutta posted yesterday - finish something on your project.  I finished a pack of white rubber stars and those Pinkfresh wood/enamel chevrons were all by themselves in a package.  So I finished two things.

And finally, a quick tip - That polka dot paper was the perfect frame for my layout, but I kind of love it and it's a kit exclusive.  It was going to be hard to get more and I hated the idea of wasting the whole sheet to create the border around my layout.  So I cut the middle out - I have most of the sheet for another project or projects.

I'm going to go start another project - I have another layout idea and extra time to play.  I hope you are having as much fun as I am today.  Have a great Tuesday!



6 comments:

  1. Pretty page!! LOVE all the patterned papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty page! I love all the layers and how you rotated the picture! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the layering and embellishments - thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches Hugs Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your page! The colours are so pretty and the embellished stitched circle is fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovely layout Julie! So fresh and young! Thanks for sharing at Stuck?! Sketches. Eli

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. I love your mix of patterns and the extra layers you'e added. Thank you so much for being inspired by Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete