I've been struggling to get anything done in my scrap room lately - I walk in, look around, and walk out. So I went exploring to find an online challenge to get me going. I looked at lots of sketches and eventually found one at the My Scraps and More Sketch blog that provided a starting point for this two page layout..
But I still had a hard time. Then I read a challenge at the Chic Tags blog that gave me a real jump start - limit your layout to 7 products. Cardstock and adhesive don't count. And I have to admit that 7 products sounded pretty easy til I got started. I had no idea how many things I tend to pull together for a single layout. But I stuck with it and here is what I ended up with. I have to admit that it doesn't look much like the sketch at this point.
Here are the seven products I used.
- Studio Calico Wonderland patterned paper - Jingle
- Studio Calico Wonderland patterned paper - Ice Caps
- Wide Ombre Washi from Studio Calico Kit
- Studio Calico Wonderland Ephemera Pack
- Basic Grey Life of the Party Cardstock Alphas
- MME Winter Wonderland Enamel Dots
- Basic Grey Aspen Frost Element Cardstock Sticker
Hopefully, I'll find more inspiration now that I've gotten started. I'd love to know how you jumpstart yourself when you are in a slump. Hope your Tuesday was great!