Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Another Sketch, Another Layout

I've really been inspired by sketches lately.  Yesterday I came across this sketch from Let's Capture These Sketches. I loved the simple design that incorporated a number of patterned papers.  Of course I wanted to turn it into a 2 pager. 

I used the sketch as inspiration for my entry into the Lunch challenge.  Your layout had to have food in it.  Mine is about our variation on the Easter egg tradition.  As my kids got older, they lost interest in dying hard boiled eggs.  But Elisabeth was still young and I missed the holiday tradition.  So we quit decorating hard boiled eggs and began decorating egg shaped cut out cookies.  Everybody loves cookies, so a new Easter tradition was born. 

Here's my two page version of the sketch.  You'll notice that I took some liberties with the design and picture sizes.  The paper is a combination of basic grey, echo park, and creative memories.


The title is a play on that cookie in the round photo.  We told Nicholas that he couldn't get a poem on a cookie, and, of course, he had to prove us wrong.  He wrote the classic "Roses Are Red" on that egg.

Hope you're day is going well. 

1 comment:

  1. Great two page!
    xx and tks for playing with us at Let's Capture These Sketches
    Leila

    ReplyDelete