Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2016

Capturing the Everyday

I started as an "event" scrapbooker - you know - capturing all the stuff we do.  But as I've scrapped more and gotten older, I am increasingly focused on capturing the minutia of everyday life.  I want the albums I put together for my children to include bits of everyday life that will bring back memories of everyday (and things there kids won't understand at all). 

Nothing is bigger in my daughter's everyday life right now than snapchat.  But I suspect it will be long gone by the time her children are teens.  So I decided I wanted to do a layout that at least would make her think back to the time when she couldn't go an hour without snapchat.

I started with the current sketch at Stuck?! Sketches and the May kits from Studio Calico



It has lots of opportunities to layer and add bits and pieces so it was perfect for me.  I ended up with this.


I really stuck closely to the sketch.  But I moved the banners to the bottom of the photo block instead of the side of the photo block.  To balance that change I shifted an embellishment cluster to the top corner of the photo block.  The title stayed at the bottom of the page but shifted to the opposite side (another result of the shift in the banners.)

Most of the supplies are from the Jolly Holiday kits.  But I did pull that fun veneer grid from my stash.  And this was a great time to dig into my die cut stash to help build embellishment clusters. 

And I can't wait til my daughters children are going through her album and ask her what "snapchat" is.

Hope you're finding time to scrap this weekend.  I'm on a roll so I better get back to work.  Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Great capture. I have 16 year old twin boys, one all over Snapchat and the other who couldn't possibly care less. Love how you used the sketch, too, and that background paper. Great stuff. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! Love all the layers and the printed vellum. Great use of the sketch
    Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layering the paint splats in the background! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GReat job and you are so right! love the pops of red too! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layers of patterns and colours, love it. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete