Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2015

When A Circle Becomes A Square

The sketch this month at My Creative Sketches is great.  The design has lots of layers and is really versatile. 


But that big circle behind the photo block really challenged me.  I have lots of tools to make cutting the circle easy, but I was feeling super lazy.  So I made it a big vellum square - this anchored the layout without adding a lot of weight.  I layered frames, labels and tags under the squares to add some of the visual interest the circle added to the original design.


The papers are mostly pink paislee - a mix from the Cedar Lane and Memorandum collections.  They are two of my favorite collections ever!  The colors and patterns are really versatile.  And that paper that is all the patterned stripes adds tons of dimension and interest.

If you use the sketch, link me up - I'd love to see.

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! LOVE all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!Thank you for play along with My Creative Sketches!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful layout! Thank you for playing along with us at My Creative Sketches!

    ReplyDelete