Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Mxing kits

I've been a subscriber at Studio Calico for more than three years.  And every month when my box comes, I rush to unpack it into the top of my raskog.  The supplies in the top of my raskog are the first thing I look at when I start a layout. 

Then a few months ago I added a subscription to the Citrus Twist kit.  It came around the middle of the month.  And it worked great - my Studio Calico kit would come at the beginning of the month and my Citrus Twist kit came mid-month.  So I would trade out the supplies in my Raskog when the new kit came.

Then Studio Calico changed their schedule.  Now the kits come much more closely together.  For the first couple of months, I just set aside one kit and continued switching out supplies after a couple of weeks.  But when I looked at a photo I would find myself thinking about items from the kit that was still packed up.   And because the Studio Calico kit has reduced the number of scrapbiij add-ons and the mix of embellishments seems sparser, I often felt that I didn't have enough choice.   So this month I unpacked both kits into the top of my raskog - and they work together great!

The Pop Art Kit (and relatd goodies) from Studio Calico came first.  This kit is full of super vibrant colors (the B sides of the paper are even brighter) - that yellow floral paper is a new favorite - I love the purple accents!  And the rubber ferns are so unique and fun.

The Citrus Twist box came next.It was full of bright colors and fun embellishments too.  I was so excited to get some Pinkfresh Studio papers and embellishments.  And I am always a sucker for a puffy alphabet from Evalicous.  And the two kits (and all the add-ons and extra paper worked together great!)


So last night I got to work - and I love the layout I came up with - in fact it might be one of my all time favorites.

The Pinkfresh paper and the Sevenpaper chipboard alphas came from my Citrus Twist goodies.  But the puffy diamond, puffy crosses, small alpha,  label and enamel dots came from my Studio Calico supplies.  (The amazing transparent triangles are from Pinkfresh Happy Things  and were in my stash.)



My favorite thing about this layout - that giant alpha.  When I first saw it I wasn't sure how to use it.  The letters are super wide and the scale is huge.  But they were really fun to play with.  They created a great element for my layout with a chance to mix in different embellishments.  And I love the look of the raw chipboard.

So do you keep your kits separate?  I'd love any ideas for using my kits more effectively.

Thanks for stopping by.


7 comments:

  1. I always keep my kits separate. I don't really mix things until I'm done using my kit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin' that big title. Cute page!
    Thanks for playing along with Clique Kits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that big title. Nice layout. Thanks for playing along with CK!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rocked the giant title! I like to mix my stuff up all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great layout! Love the colors. Cute photo, too. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. Tons of different elements and they work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this! that big title is especially cool! thanks for playing along with clique kits! xo

    ReplyDelete