Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Quick and Simple

I love embellishments - and it usually shows in my layouts.  I love mixing patterned papers and embellishments to create a unique look whenever I sit down to scrapbook.  But those layouts can take hours - or even days - to complete.  I keep moving the bits and pieces trying to get the perfect look.  And as my husband often reminds me, it is about the pictures, not the embellishments.

So I decided to try something simple with this week's Studio Calico sketch challenge.  I started with the card sketch.
I pulled out three sheets of patterned paper, a sheet of typed phrases from the Antiquary kits, some gold star rub-ons from Printshop, some Pink Paislee Color Wash Alphas, and a scrap of blush POW paper.  And I set a timer for 45 minutes.  Here's what I came up with.


And I have to admit that it is one of my recent favorites.  So maybe I don't always need all those embellishments (even if they are lots of fun to play with)>

Thanks for looking.  I hope you have a terrific Thursday!

4 comments: