Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Photo Effects and the Sunday Sketch

I've been having lots of fun playing with the different effects you can apply to photos lately.  And once in a while, I really love the way a picture looks when it prints.  This picture of Nicholas and my nephew Tyler is one of those pictures.


Nicholas and Tyler have always had a special relationship and this picture from Tyler's birthday party captured the joy they find in spending time together.  And when I applied the special effect, I loved the way Tyler's red shirt popped in the photo.


My Roundabout kits were sitting on my desk and I went there first for papers.  But I had to dig into my stash for the base (from MME Miss Caroline) and the red polka dot (Basic Grey Hipster).  I started with this week's Sunday Sketch (I chose the layout sketch) , but the final interpretation is pretty loose.  I can see the connections, but I'm not sure anyone else can.


I did steal the idea of cutting up mini alphas (from a layout in the gallery that I couldn't find - sorry.)  I took my star punch to some Fancy Pants Alphas.  I had lots of fun adding other bits and pieces, like the end of the vintage tag, the basic grey stars, some enamel dots and the airmail twine to finish it off.

Have a great Saturday!

5 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet photo! The background paper is a great backdrop for the colorful photo and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stars are really cool! Great LO :)

    ReplyDelete