Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Still Working on "This Is Me" with Roundabout

Studio Calico Kit Subscription

Use this  link to sign up for a new Studio Calico kit subscription and we will both get 1000 rewards points - that's good for $10 off an add-on!
http://www.studiocalico.com/welcome?ref=f7503d08

 Bloglovin' 

Google Reader is shutting down  - use the button on the sidebar to follow me on BlogLovin! 
I know the "This is Me" class was in May.  But I didn't get much done that month and I'm trying to do at least a couple pages every month.  I did two pages using Roundabout (and some Planetarium scraps) for my "Needs Work" section.  These are some of the hardest pages for me - they are focusing on things I know I need to work on.


The first one is "Marriage Is A Journey."  My husband and I have been married almost 23 years.  And we are at a transition point.  We started as friends, fell in love, and got married.  Now the second of our three children is moving out and we have more time to be a couple again.  But like many couples, our kids activities took up most of our time over the last 15 to 20 years.  So we have to learn to be a couple again.  (We'll get there, but definitely something I'm working on.)


My favorite part of this layout (from a creative point of view) is the layered project life card and Heidi Swapp transparent tab.  Remember that I am using a Snap album but with a landscape orientation.  The PL card/tab stick out the side of the page protector and album.  And I love that the words work together to say "you + me together."



The second layout I did is about my stash building habits.  When I am stressed, I like to shop.  It used to be for clothes and shoes, but in the last year it has been for scrap supplies.  Let's just say my scrap room is very well stocked after the last year (and after a giant purge.)  And I really want/need to learn to destress by using my stash, not adding to it.


Someday I'll finish this project (probably just in time to start an album about the new, hopefully improved me.)  In the meantime, I'll keep plugging along, making a few pages here and there.

Thanks for taking the time to visit.  Have a wonderful Wednesday! 

1 comment: