Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Not Enough Pictures

I like to do two page layouts in the albums I make for my kids.  I just like the way they look.  But sometimes I just don't seem to have enough pictures to fill two pages.  Nicholas's "adventures" at his cousin Tyler's birthday party is one of those times.

Tyler got a complete "knight's costume" as a gift and Nicholas got right into the spirit of the occasion.  He is wearing the helmet that came with the costume in this picture and "The Knight's Quest" is an Easter Egg hunt - where he used a pink basket.  If you have teen-agers, you know that its hard to get pictures of them acting like a kid.  So I was definitely doing this layout.

The obvious solution is to get a larger print or prints.  But I was working on this layout at a crop Friday night and that wasn't really a choice.  So instead, I used large blocks of patterned paper throughout the layout to fill space.  Here's what I came up with.



Basic Grey, Amy Tangerine, Paper Play Studio, American Craft Thickers, Cosmo Cricket


While the layout isn't my favorite, I do love these flair buttons from Paper Play Studio.  I think I placed my order the first night the shop was opened and they are perfect for this layout.  And the best part is I have three left in this set to use on another project.




Now - back to all the new goodies from CHA . . . .What's your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment