Pages

Monday, January 16, 2017

Stuck?! on an Angle

I am trying to get back to some of my creative habits that helped keep me scrapping.  One of the best of those was following the challenges at Stuck?! Sketches.  They publish two sketches each month and they usually provide lots of opportunity to play with layers and details.

So while I am wrapping up my amazing 4 day weekend, I decided to check out the current sketch.  I was excited to see that it was a fun diagonal design.


My layouts tend to be either horizontal or vertical in design so this sketch provided a fun challenge.

I started with the January kit from Citrus Twist Kits (my last one for a while) and a photo that brings back all those summer feelings.   I added lots of bits from my stash and created this layout.  There are quite a few pieces from Crate Paper Wonder, an older Crate paper line, Simple Stories, Dear Lizzy and Studio Calico kits mixed in with the pretty supplies from the kit.


I stuck really closely to the sketch and used layers and embellishments to tell my story.  And my tip for the day - check out the packaging - that fun yellow piece with the blue scalloped edge that is one of the bottom layers - that was the backing in the die cut pack from the Fancy Pants Joy Parade collection.  It is so cute and perfect here. 

I will be returning to work tomorrow but am definitely going to squeeze a little scrapping time in.  And you never know - maybe another blog post.   In the meantime, thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness this is incredible!! I love your layering and embellishing! Thank you for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you rocked the angled sketch Julie; the layering and detailing is amazing. Especially love the little bird perched on the top. Thanks for joining in at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the angle. I'm not very good with sketches, which sounds crazy because I still fumble with what I'm doing, at times. But I really like how you used it here. Super inspiring. Michelle t

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous page. Love all the layering and the embellishments! Thank you so much for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic layout! Wonderful layers and such a fun mix of embellishments! So happy you played with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete