So whenever I think about creative challenges I want to try, design team participation is always near the top of the list. But I'm a chicken - i read the posts, think about it and then decide that I'm not good enough. If one of my kids pulled that trick, I would have plenty to say -- but I keep going down that path.
So today, I saw a design team call at Lets Get Sketchy - and I'm trying to talk myself into really trying. Want to try with me?
Here's the information they posted on their blog.
Lets Get Sketchy is looking to add 2-4 more members to our already fabulous Design Team. The DT term will run from June 1 through Sept 1. You will be responsible for at least 2 layouts a month as well as commenting on entries each week. I am only looking for dedicated members. If you are interested and would like to be considered for a position then here is what you need to do:
Why apply for our team?
- To be inspired and to inspire others
- To be on the ground floor of an up and coming blog
- You will be a part of an amazing group of women and develop lifelong friendships with women from all over the world.
- Your work will be featured on Facebook and Pinterest.
What is expected of our Design Team?
- You MUST be a follower of our blog
- Complete 2 projects a month (you will be given challenges at least a month in advance).
- Comment on participants entries (THIS IS A MUST!). Any team member not adhering to this rule will be promptly removed from the team so please make sure you can do this before applying.
- Commit to a 3 month term (Beginning of June to the beginning of September)
- Keep an active blog that is updated frequently
- Post our challenge and your project on your blog on reveal day and link back to the LGS blog.
How to apply:
- Leave a comment below indicating you would like to apply
- Tell me a little bit about yourself to include your style and whether or not you are on any other design teams. (no previous DT experience required)
- Add our link and DT call to your blog
- Provide links to your blog and any online galleries.
- Include 3 projects that best represent your style.
- Create a layout from the sketch below
- Place our DT call on your blog to help get the word out.
- You MUST have a Facebook account as we will have a private DT group on Facebook
Design Team Call Sketch
All interested applicants will be invited to our Facebook Group where you will meet and interact with members of our current Design Team. This is so we can all get to know each other a little better. Anyone interested in applying please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you put DT call in the subject line.
We are accepting applications through May 24th. New design team members will be notified by May 25th. This is an open call, what that means is, I have the right to close this call at any time if I feel all the positions have been filled. The first reveal will be June 1st. I know this is a short turn around however; the first challenge will be easy. I promise you!
I'm going to work on my fear of failure and push myself to try. Consider this a blatant request for encouragement.
Have a great Monday!