Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

MME Sketch Challenge


MME2012_sketch_layout04

I've been working on stretching creatively lately, and this layout really pushed me out of my comfort zone.  I used mist, I used flowers, and I used buttons - in my son's scrapbook to boot.  I'm not sure if I like this page as it seems a bit feminine for Nicholas's album.  On the other hand, my toughest critic (other than me) is usually Elisabeth, my 12 year old daughter, and she really likes it.

Here's the sketch for the challenge.  My original idea was to turn it 90 degrees and to use two different halves for the large die cut sheet (combining two different patterns).  I also was going to skew the top and bottom so that the shape was out of alignment.

The other challenge for me was using MME supplies.  I'm trying really hard to use up some of my stash before I buy some of the great new supplies, but I wasn't sure what MME stock I had.  So here;s what I came up with.  First the one page version:


Do you recognize the patterned paper - it is from the Laundry Line collection, the Magnolia collection and the Quite Contrary Collection.  The are all MME.  I used mist on the flowers and buttons for the centers.

My scrapbooks generally use two page layouts, and this is no exception.  Here is the two page version of the layout.


No comments:

Post a Comment