Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Using a Pocket

I see lots of pockets on pages and in new collections being previewed at CHA right now and wanted to use one on a layout.  This layout about making Easter "eggs" provided the perfect opportunity.  (At our house we make egg shaped cookies and frost them instead of dying hard boiled eggs.)



I used the Simple Stories Summer Fresh line for the layout and experimented with adding dimension to the chevron pattern in the paper by cutting piecs of the chevron out and mounting them over the same design with foam squares. 



And then I incorporated one of the pockets that came with the collection.  I layered both patterned paper and letter stickers on the pocket that came with the collection to customize the look.  Then I cut some kraft tags with my cricket for the cookie and frosting recipes and embellished them with washi tape.


How have you used pockets in your layouts?

No comments:

Post a Comment