Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Festive

I know - its a hundred degrees out and hot and sunny.  But I'm never caught up, so I'm working with Christmas pictures.  Sound familar?

This layout was inspired by a Boys Rule sketch challenge.  I took the one page sketch and stretched into a two pager for Nicholas's sophomore album.  I like the designs mix of patterns and shapes.  It gave me a chance to mix lots of stuff from my stash (mostly old) to create a fun layout..If you look you can find Making Memories, Pink Paislee, TaDa, Basic Grey, American Crafts and Studio Calico - and maybe you can identify some stuff that I can't anymore. 

Because I was combining lots of odds and ends, I found myself clustering and combining elements.  Here are some of the embellishment clusters.  This helped create a more cohesive look.





This is my second post today - check out the title page I shared below.  Enjoy your weekend.

2 comments:

  1. great layout! love that you turned the sketch into a fun holiday two page spread! thanks for playing along with us at boy's Rule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How clever to transform the sketch into a double-pager! Way to go! And thanks for playing with us at Boys Rule!

    ReplyDelete