Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

You Know You're A Scrapbooker When . . . .

. . . .you're at the urgent care with your son, they tell him he has a spiral fracture, and your first thought is "I need to take pictures so I can put this in his album."  That happened to me this spring. 

Nicholas got new cleats in his Easter basket and went to open fields to break them in the next day.  When I got home that afternoon, he was icing his ankle.    When I asked him if he wanted to have it looked at, he was sure he had just twisted it.  That evening he was hopping around the kitchen, so we took off for urgent care.  He had driven home after he played soccer, walked into urgent care and refused a wheelchair while we were there.  So I thought they would wrap it and send it on our way.  But the xray showed the fracture and they decided to cast it immediately.

My first thought was that I didn't have my camera.  But, as the son of a scrapbooker, he reminded me that I could take pictures with my phone.  (For the record, he faked the picture where he looks upset.)  And the urgent care gave me a print out of the xray.  Does it get any better than that?

This layout is the result of that trip to urgent care and those cell phone pictures.


I love mixing papers and this layout is a great example of mixing from different lines.  The yellow is from Studio Calico, the red is from Basic Grey and the blue is from Authentique.  The ribbon and the small die cut are from a SC kit.  The oval and arrow were in my "basket of bits."  And if you look closely there is an October afternoon tidbit on here too.

My favorite part of the layout is the title.  I used SCAL and my Cricut to cut the letters from some MME Indie Chic paper.  The bold pattern in the paper really draws the eye.


Now, after the fact I will admit that my priorities might have been a bit off.  But Nicholas was right there with me, and I have to admit, that I would probably do the same thing again?  Are you a diehard scrapbooker who always looks for photo opportunities and new layouts to put together?

Hope you had a great day!

2 comments:

  1. ...and it is a moment in time you both will never forget. I recently took my mom to the ER and snapped some pictures to scrapbook. I love the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogger, scrapbooker, we become wildly obsessed about our photos! I went and had a pedicure and brought my camera along, lol I LOVE his acting job, he is a ham! waving hi from the sandy beaches of Florida ;)

    ReplyDelete